In Progress Knitting

Bistort Pullover

start: 24 October 2017  |  end: in progress  | Ravelry

Pattern Information

Bistort Pullover, Courtney Spainhower for KnitPicks

Size: 41.25″

I learned later that this pattern has 4″ of ease built in. This turned out well for me because colorwork tension is a thing, but it’s something to keep in mind for the next time.


Sizes are what I used to get gauge, not necessarily actual pattern recommendations

#4, 29″ circular


Knit Picks (shop link)

Paragon in Bare colorway, 8 skeins

Paragon in Navy colorway, 2 skeins

Paragon in Tumeric, 1 skein

Paragon in Sagebrush, 2 skeins

New Techniques Learned

4-color colorwork

Joining sleeves!

Pattern Modifications

I skipped the Latvian Braid sections to ensure the waistband and neckback would be as stretchy as possible. I also shortened the sleeves to elbow length because the only sleeves I wear down to my wrists are on coats.

Project Notes

27 January 2018: So much progress! I received the sagebrush skein and knocked out the rest of the first chart, but then I ran out of navy. *facepalm* So now I’m waiting for that to get here and then I hope it will be smooth sailing for the rest of the yoke.

29 December 2017: Turns out I needed 2 skeins of the sagebrush color. Stalled!

24 December 2017: Sleeves have been attached to the body!

16 December 2017: Started the second sleeve.

15 December 2017: I finally finished the first sleeve (fifth try is the charm)! I went ahead and attached it to the body and worked the first half of the attachment row so I could free up the sleeve needle for the second sleeve.

14 November 2017: I went ahead and ripped out the sleeve so I could redo the cuff in a smaller needle size.

24 October 2017: I love this pattern. The colorwork feels like it’s flying!

You Might Also Like...

No Comments

    Leave a Reply